CITY OF TSHWANE SHINES A SPOTLIGHT ON SMME ECONOMY
Monday, 16 September 2019 – Several Tshwane based SMMEs will showcase their wares and business acumen at this years’ Tshwane Trade and Investment Summit (TTIS 2019). This bold move to incorporate small business to the Summit is inspired by the sentiment that SMMEs can be the backbone of any economy and the main driver of economic growth, given the right economic policies.
“While policy making is not the objective of TTIS 2019, creating and presenting opportunities to partner for growth, is our main objective. Delegates attending the Summit include domestic and foreign investors, ambassadors, policymakers, government and business experts whom all have the power to turn some of these SMMEs into great enterprises”, said Member of the Mayoral Committee for Economic Development and Spatial Planning, Cllr Isak Pietersen.
The City of Tshwane sponsored SMMEs, offer products and services that cater to the needs of individuals and corporates alike. From producers of beverages, to gold traders, there is something for everyone. The list of SMME exhibitors is as follows;
- Charles Khosa, whose prototype car will be on display. His ambition is to attract investors in the automotive industry.
- The Distilling Native – GaRankuwa based distillers of gin.
- Mamelodi Lager – Beer distiller in Mamelodi
- Sol Tech – producers of solar powered backpacks from Kosmosdal
- Kgabo Cars – motor vehicle repair, maintenance and service in Soshanguve
- Troy Gold Consolidated – Bullion and Gold buying through revolutionary App in Hazelwood
- Nirmala Juice – manufacturers of fruit and vegetable juice
- Rock my Suit –providers of fashion
“As our Summit theme states, “Partnering for development: An investor-friendly capital city”, we are certain that investments into our SMMEs will result in job creation and the upliftment of our economy for the benefit of all Tshwane citizens”, concludes Pietersen.
Issued on behalf of Tshwane Trade and Investment Summit 2019. For more information, visit the website http://ttisummit.com/ or contact:
082 429 1862
083 514 3728
The Tshwane Economic Development Agency Ltd (TEDA) was established as a municipal entity of the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (CoT) on 2 November 2006. TEDA operates as a State Owned Company registered in terms of the Companies Act. TEDA was established with the primary objective to cultivate an environment within which the City of Tshwane (CoT) can grow its human capital and the economy through the facilitation, implementation and management of developments with a specific focus on economic development and Investment